Monday, October 8, 2012

Samantha's example

Up next in Grade 7 English, students will write about their favourite place. Here is an example:

The Place I Long For
Student Example (Grade 9 advanced)
     There is one place, not too far from my home where I feel completely at home in nature. This magic spot lies by the lake. The water of this lake is crystal clear, and it reflects the colour of the blue sky. It is cold in any season and makes me shiver only by looking at it. However, that coldness makes the place even more special. Most of the time, the body of water makes almost no sound. When the light breeze comes, gentle lapping waves form. If I sit on the rocky beach close enough to the water, I can catch a glimpse of schools of fish soundlessly passing by. Many kinds of fish make this water full of life, especially trout, with their acrobatic jumps above the tranquil surface. A flock of geese makes its way to catch some food, and ducks quack and chat while oiling their feathers. Together with the orchestra of birds, the soaring eagles, the greenery and the majestic mountain peak, this lake is surely a masterpiece of the creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment